YOU CAN HELP
The Canadian MPS Society is always in need of support - the continued participation and involvement of our members is what keeps the society operational. There are many different ways in which MPS parents, caregivers, educators, medical personnel and the general public can help.
Your help can involve a donation of time, a financial contribution, or the sharing of a special skill or talent that the society is in need of. Several examples below show how those interested can help out.
- Become a member of the Canadian MPS Society. Becoming a member is a sure way to stay up-to-date on the latest MPS happenings. Click to learn more about membership.
- Donate your time by organizing a fundraiser in your local area or helping out with an existing fundraiser. Click here to view our Fundraising Handbook, filled with ideas on how to get started.
- Hold a public awareness event, like a Canadian MPS Jeans Day, where the goal is to educate your local community about the MPS diseases. The Canadian MPS Society has brochures and posters available for such occasions.
- If you are a parent or caregiver of an MPS child, take some time to write an article for use by the Canadian MPS Society or share your story. We can publish your article or story either here on our website or in one of our quarterly newsletters. By sharing your experiences and offering suggestions on coping with MPS, others can find comfort and much-needed advice.
- If you are in a position to do so, make a financial contribution to the society. Your gift will be put to good use as we strive to support families and fund research for a cure.
- If you have a special talent or ability, volunteer your assistance and get involved with a project for the Canadian MPS Society. We are always open to suggestions and ideas on how we can meet our members' needs and make our vision of a brighter future a reality.
To offer your assistance, please feel free to contact any member of the Canadian MPS Society's Board of Directors or Staff.